Your glasses are more than just a necessity; they reflect your unique style. But with so many frame options available, how do you know which ones will flatter your face shape?
Let’s tackle this question in three parts:
1. Find your face shape.
2. How do I match a frame style and shape to my face shape?
Meet the Frame+Face Formula.
3. Make the starting point easy with some Island Optical recommendations to start with.
Identifying your face shape is the key to discovering that ideal pair of glasses! With that in mind, here are the five most common face shapes:
Once you know your face shape, you can use the Frame+Face Formula to choose frames that complement your features. The formula is based on three principles:
1. Contrast: Choose frames that contrast with your face shape. For example, experiment with square or rectangular frames if you have a round face. If you have a square face, try round or oval frames. You’ll be surprised how this contrast offers an aesthetically appealing result—opening up a whole range of options!
2. Balance: Choose frames that balance your features. For example, try frames with a heavier brow line if you have a large forehead. Try frames with a wider bottom rim if you have a small chin. Once you find shapes that frame shapes that flatter your natural features, you’ll find that you can play with colour and tone!
3. Personal style: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles until you find a pair of glasses you will love. The most important thing is to choose frames that make you feel confident. Realising how contrasting and balanced shapes give you more scope to play with, you’ll soon realise how much personal expression you can start to enjoy with your eyewear choices.
No matter your face shape, there IS a pair of glasses out there perfect for you (perhaps too many options!). So don’t be afraid to experiment and find the frames that make you feel your best.
At Island Optical, we have a wide selection of glasses to choose from, so you’re sure to find the perfect pair for your face shape and personal style. Our trained staff can help you find the ideal frames and lenses for your needs, and we’d LOVE to help you or someone in your family find the answer to the eternal question: ‘What glasses suit MY face?’ Let our customer service and expertise with industry knowledge ensure you find your new favorite pair of eyewear.
Visit your nearest Island Optical branch today to find the perfect pair of glasses for you and your family!
HOBART | Shop 201C, Centrepoint 70 Murray Street, Hobart TAS 7000
LAUNCESTON | 6/8 Quadrant Mall, Launceston TAS 7250
Call ahead now to book a bulk-billed eye test!
HOBART: 03 6231 3640
LAUNCESTON: 03 6331 1008